On July 20, 1915, one hundred business and professional men pledged their financial support in order to establish a chamber of commerce in Orrville, Ohio. The original constitution and by-laws, adopted December 29, 1915, stated the mission of the organization “shall be to promote the industrial, commercial, mercantile, manufacturing and general interests of Orrville and vicinity.”
This group of community leaders realized that their own prosperity depended on the development of a prosperous and healthy community. On February 8, 1916, the Orrville Area Chamber of Commerce assembled for their first meeting. D. Edward Seas, a local merchant and co-owner of Seas & Sons Hardware served as Chairman of the Board.
Today, the Orrville Area Chamber of Commerce is the foremost voice for the business community in Orrville and eastern Wayne County, Ohio. As the area’s leading business association, we actively engage our members and community to be the dynamic force for community progress.