Marketing and Communications Manager
Full time, 40 hours per week.
This is a new position within the organization and will report directly to the President & CEO. This position is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for our organization including program and event marketing, print and digital communications, social media and online reputation management. The ideal candidate is a motivated, customer-focused team player that has excellent communication and relationship building skills. In addition, the candidate should be a self-starter with a proven ability to meet goals and who has demonstrated effective leadership for project management, and the implementation of marketing strategies.
1. Develop, execute and evaluate a multi-faceted marketing and communications strategy to advance the Chamber’s mission, vision and strategic priorities.
2. Execute the functional operations of the Glue-Up CRM events, campaigns and communities’ modules.
3. Produce appropriate collateral materials including print, digital and branded promotional items.
4. Manage the digital reputation of the organization. Develop necessary policies and procedures. Provide oversight of the Chamber website. Administer social media channels.
5. Establish and maintain relationships with local news media. Write and distribute press releases.
6. Participate in the planning, execution and evaluation of Chamber programs and events in collaboration with Chamber Board and committee members.
7. Research, develop and monitor the Chamber’s Resource Partnerships and member to member benefits program.
8. Develop member engagement metrics, collect and analyze data.
9. Serve as the Chamber liaison to community initiatives as assigned.
10. Collaborate with independent contractors as needed to carry out functions that require specialized skills sets such as graphic design and website development.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
1. Able to follow the guiding principles outlined in our Vision Traction Organizer.
2. Maintains high standards of ethics and integrity.
3. Trustworthy, effective and credible.
4. Maintains confidentiality of all members data.
5. Able to take direction and complete tasks as assigned.
6. Able to get along with all types of people.
7. Flexible and adaptable.
8. Self-motivated and efficient, takes initiative.
9. Productive and utilizes time management skills.
10. Professional in appearance.
11. Excellent interpersonal communicator.
12. Able to speak in public.
13. Excellent problem-solving skills.
14. Demonstrates emotional intelligence.
15. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and copiers. While also performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to the work environment of other businesses.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping. The employee may be required to lift and move items up to 50 lbs.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – This is a full-time, salaried position with days of work to be Monday – Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed to accommodate meetings and events planned by this organization which may, at times, not fall within typical 8am – 5pm workday.
TRAVEL: Local travel using personal vehicle is expected with possible travel in the State of Ohio occurring as needed. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
2. Experience in marketing/communications preferred. (3-5 years)
TO APPLY: Submit Resume to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.