To reach additional small businesses negatively impacted financially by the coronavirus pandemic, the Wayne County Commissioners have reduced the restrictions involved in applying for a Wayne County Small Business Relief Program grant.
Having received PPP or EIDL Loan no longer disqualifies you from applying as it did in Round 1.
Here is the criteria to apply:
- Must be an ongoing business and have physical address in Wayne County (grant funding is to be used for that location
- Must have 25 or fewer employees and have been in business for a year
- Must be a for-profit entity
- Must have a Federal Taxpayer Identification Number
- Must have experienced a decrease in gross revenue/receipts of 35% or more due to COVID-19 when comparing March 1 – May 31, 2020 to March 1 – May 31, 2019
- Must have less than $1million in gross revenue/receipts on an annual basis
- Must be able to attest that it is in compliance with federal, state, or county and local regulations and not delinquent in any taxes
- Must be able to attest that it is not currently in bankruptcy
Each small business may receive up to $5,000 in the form of non-repayable grants. The deadline to apply has been extended through September 4. Those who have already applied are not required to submit another application.